As part of the project we held 4 workshops which aimed to:
- Increase capacities of relevant national and sub-national administrations in selecting and implementing effective and cost-efficient policies and measures in effort sharing sectors
- Increase capacity of Member State policy evaluation experts in ex-post evaluation and build a network of evaluation practitioners
- Share best practices in effort sharing sectors as well as the key project outcomes among climate policymakers in the Member States
The workshops were held:
- 15th October 2019 in Bucharest, Romania
- 11th February 2020 in Brussels, Belgium
- 23rd September 2020 online
- 28th October 2020 online
The workshop presentations are available on the Knowledge Bank page.
During the workshops in Bucharest and Brussels we held case clinics in the afternoon which focussed on transport, agriculture and cross-cutting policies. The aim of the case clinics was to help solve specific policy-related problems or challenges that were being faced by the workshop participants. The relevant participants (the case givers) described their challenge, and the other members of the group (the coaches) then share their ideas and own experiences and generate some potential solutions. The workshop held on the 23rd September 2020 had two breakout sessions on exploring ideas for a network of climate policy evaluators and to share experiences on national evaluation systems. The workshop held on 28th October had a breakout session on monitoring the performance of policies.