As part of the project we will hold 4 workshops which aim to:
- Increase capacities of relevant national and sub-national administrations in selecting and implementing effective and cost-efficient policies and measures in effort sharing sectors
- Increase capacity of Member State policy evaluation experts in ex-post evaluation and build a network of evaluation practitioners
- Share best practices in effort sharing sectors as well as the key project outcomes among climate policymakers in the Member States
The first was completed on the 15th October in 2019 in Bucharest, Romania and the presentations can be downloaded here. The second workshop was on the 11th February in 2020 in Brussels, Belgium and the presentations can be downloaded here.
The third workshop providing training on policy ex-post evaluation will be held on Wednesday 23rd September 2020 using Zoom online. If you would like to register for this free workshop, please click here. Please click here for the outline agenda. The Zoom meeting details will be sent closer to the event.
The fourth workshop capability building will be held on Wednesday 28th October 2020 in Riga, Latvia. You can register for free by clicking here. Please click here for the latest draft agenda. Please note that this workshop may need to be online in light of any COVID-19 travel restrictions. If you register you will be notified of any changes.
During the workshops we will hold case clinics in the afternoon which will focus on transport, agriculture and cross-cutting policies. The aim of the case clinics is to help solve specific policy-related problems or challenges that are being faced by the workshop participants. The relevant participants (the case givers) will describe their challenge, and the other members of the group (the coaches) will then share their ideas and own experiences and generate some potential solutions. By accessing the wisdom and experience of peers, the case clinics allow participants to:
• Generate new ways of looking at a challenge
• Develop new approaches for responding to the challenge.
The session will be facilitated by a member of the project team. The case givers will be required to do a little preparation, but the other members of the group do not need to prepare anything in advance. Workshop participants will be invited to present their challenge at the workshop as part of the registration process.